Wednesday 27 March 2019

Finish-a-long 2019 – Q1, finish 2

There has been quite a bit of sewing, but not a lot of blogging, for my Finish-a-long list. Following on from the quick finish of an ironing mat (which is proving very useful), here is my next finish – the animal quilt for my great nephew.


This is simple two layer quilt – a pieced top and a fleece backing – as it makes it easier to wash and dry. Any shrinkage of the top on washing results in a slightly puffed effect on the back which I think is a bonus.


The binding is fully machine stitched so that it will withstand some wear, but hopefully not, tear.
 

I was spurred on to get this quilt finished not only for Finish-a-long, but also because it has to be sent to Ireland and I didn’t want it caught in any post and customs confusion caused by Brexit, but it looks as though I needn’t have rushed for that reason.

(For 2019, I am trialling a version of this website on WordPress to see if it is more mobile-friendly for commenting and posting. The WordPress version of this post is available here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.