Friday 29 March 2019

Finish-a-long 2019 – Q1, finish 4

The fourth and final finish from my from my Finish-a-long list are some reusable “plastic” bags. I decided to make these as similar to plastic bags as possible so they won’t attract too much attention at the checkout. Looking at the various types of bags in the kitchen drawer, I went for a tie handle design as this will make it easier to keep items in the bag.
 

I used an existing bag as a starting point but adapted the size slightly to fit the fabric. French seams were used so that raw edges were enclosed and pleats/folds added as on the original plastic bag.

 
I hope to make a few more of these and will try to take photos of each stage so I can share it as tutorial.


(For 2019, I am trialling a version of this website on WordPress to see if it is more mobile-friendly for commenting and posting. The WordPress version of this post is available here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.