Tuesday 31 May 2022

Tea for the Jubilee

I recently took part in an online Jubilee sewing challenge which had the theme of “British” and “Royalty”. After a bit of thinking, I decided to make a tea set given that a cup of tea is often associated with “Britishness”.

I found a free teapot pattern on Youtube, but I had just three pieces of fabric with a London or red/white/blue royal theme and each were only ~24cm square.

To make the fabric go further, I used contrasting fabric for part of the teapot and saucers but even with the contrasting fabrics, I still had to resize the pattern resulting in lots of teapot and teacup toiles.

To make the teapot and teacups stand up, I used two layers of cotton and one layer of quilting batting. Some additional interfacing was used in the teapot lid and piping cord was added to the handles. The binding and decorations on the teapot were chosen to reflect a red, white and blue theme.

These were quite fun to make, but fiddly in parts and now I have no idea what to do with them.

(A WordPress version of this post is available here as it may be more mobile-friendly for viewing and commenting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.