Friday 29 April 2022

Quilting Part 2

The criss-cross quilt is finished, washed and ready to go to Project Linus.


As expected, my plans to use some free motion quilting in the criss-cross sections changed and I used a serpentine stitch instead, using different colours of thread to match with the different fabrics. I didn’t want the rows of stitching to run parallel to each other, so I changed the stitch length on every other row which helped make them out of sync.
 

I’m really pleased with the texture of the quilting and the contrasting styles, which shows up particularly well on the back of the quilt.

 

Now I need to decide on what to start next.

(A WordPress version of this post is available here as it may be more mobile-friendly for viewing and commenting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.