Friday 24 December 2021

2021 - another year (nearly) over

In my sewing summary post for last year I said “2020 was definitely an odd year and I do hope that 2021 is not going to be a repeat.”. Well, I got that wrong!

Sewing-wise there have been no masks this year and has been a mix of quilts, garments, accessories and has included:

  • 2 quilts for Project Linus
  • 6 incubator covers for Project Linus
  • 3 scissor holders for online swaps
  • 1 biscornu pincushion for some posh pins that were a Christmas present last year
  • 1 zip-up and open-out pouch
  • 2 mini quilts for online challenges
  • 3 garments for me (an oversized “Womble” top, a twist front dress, a fleece gilet)

 

One bright spot in 2021 was that sewing shows were able to return from the summer. I visited Festival of Quilts and found a very different type of show – quiet and spacious. I think my only in-person sewing purchases for this year were made at the show. As I’m still working from home, my lunchtime trips to Abakhan Fabrics are no more, for which my stash and purse are probably grateful.

After the past two years, somehow I expect 2022 will be more of the same (at least we are all getting used to it now), though it would be nice to be proved wrong on this. 

(A WordPress version of this post is available here as it may be more mobile-friendly for viewing and commenting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.