Monday 31 January 2022

New year, new quilt plans

January started with some rummaging around in my stash to try to find eight fabrics, a backing and a binding to make a criss-cross woven effect quilt.

After supplementing what I found in my stash with a couple of on-line purchases, I thought I was ready to go, but when I laid out the fabrics on the bed, one of them didn’t look quite right.

Luckily, I had the chance to visit a bricks and mortar fabric shop at the weekend and found an alternative that is a much better option.


The geometric print (top row middle) will be replaced by the new dotty print (bottom row right). However, when the quilt is made and handed to Project Linus, the recipient is in for a surprise as the new fabric glows in the dark!

(A WordPress version of this post is available here as it may be more mobile-friendly for viewing and commenting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.