Wednesday 23 December 2020

Finishes and Festivities

I mentioned last month that I was nearly at the end of a Quilt Along – I’m pleased to say that I managed to finish it in time and it is now quilted and bound. The front is made from Liberty quilting cottons and the backing is Liberty tana lawn that I had in my stash.


 As usual there was lots of feline help at every stage of the making of this quilt.

My other finishes this month have been slightly festive and not necessarily sewing-related. I planted up a pot of winter flowers for one set of neighbours and made a quilted holder for the pot. My non-sewing project was a couple of small Christmas cakes for friends, though I did cheat and buy ready made marzipan and icing for these.



In other news, unless things change in the next week, I have actually managed to have a month without making any face masks!


(A WordPress version of this post is available here as it may be more mobile-friendly for viewing and commenting.)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely quilt, well done for getting it finished despite the helper! šŸ˜»
    I've only made three masks this month; whilst it was quite nice to slip back into them briefly, I'm so glad I'm not at them every night like I was!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.