(A WordPress version of this post is available here as it may be more mobile-friendly for viewing and commenting.)
Last month I finished the last of the teeny hexies and made them into a miniature quilt inspired by Katja Marek’s “Homage to Mutti” (which in turn was inspired by her “Homage to Grandmother’s Flower Garden”).
The teeny hexies were assembled into flower garland which was appliqued to a neutral linen-effect backing and ribbon leaves added.
Quilting continued the hexagon theme and the quilt was finished with a piped binding and some tiny bee beads were added as an embellishment.
Given the floral theme, I thought it would be an appropriate entry into a village-type show held at some local gardens. It was a very wide class - “Fabric crafts - sewn, stitched, or quilted creations” and entry size was limited to A3 or smaller, but it met the criteria and was placed second.
I miss having teeny hexies to sew while watching TV and I might be tempted to see how this idea could be improved to bring it up to quilt show standard, maybe using even smaller hexies!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.