Wednesday 31 July 2024

A sewing free month

It's that time of year when the garden takes priority over sewing, so I've no sewing news to report, but I have been gathering ideas for when the sewing can restart.

Back at the beginning of the month, there was a general election in the UK and I spotted that the results were being shown as a hexagon map. This could be another EPP project, but would require rather a lot of red fabrics.

In the past week, the Olympics have started in Paris. In the opening ceremony, my attention was drawn to the "floor" on which one of the participants was dancing - another idea for a quilt (apologies for the blurry photo of a TV screen).

Finally, the signs and hoardings at the venues are full of potential quilt designs and so I found the official Paris 2024 look which has plenty of inspiration for at least a mini quilt.

This is ideal timing as I will have the chance to look for suitable fabrics at Festival of Quilts in a few days time.

(A WordPress version of this post is available here as it may be more mobile-friendly for viewing and commenting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.