Sunday 31 March 2024

Tiny Nine Patch Challenge

I started this project earlier this year after seeing it on Instagram. It is being run by Reproquiltlover and the idea is that by making 10 blocks each week, you will have enough to reproduce an antique quilt from Reproquiltlover’s collection by the end of the year.

Photo from https://reproquiltlover.com/tiny-nine-patch-quilt-blocks/

The main part of the original quilt has 480 1½″ nine patch quilt blocks set on point and I have decided to keep to the original block size but with a limited colour palette of dark reds and browns (mainly to use up some of these fabrics from my stash).

 


It took me a while to work out a system for making these blocks and at first I was just using up scraps, but when I started to need to cut from stash, I became more methodical. Initially, I’m making 5 blocks of each light/dark combination but I’ve not yet worked out if this will give me enough blocks.


I tend not to make the blocks each week but have a catching up session once a month or so and have had to expand my storage option from a biscuit tin to a box file.


I’m making steady progress but might wait a little longer before counting how many blocks I’ve made and, more importantly, how many are still needed.

 (A WordPress version of this post is available here as it may be more mobile-friendly for viewing and commenting.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.