Friday 30 December 2022

Sewing summary for 2022

I ended my summary for last year with “I expect 2022 will be more of the same” and in terms of sewing this has proved to be fairly accurate.

There has been a familiar mix of full and mini sized quilts, items for online challenges and something for me to wear; however, this year has also seen a welcome return to sewing for charity and my sewing for 2022 includes:

  • 2 full sized quilts – 1 for Project Linus and 1 for a friend’s birthday
  • A quilted teapot and tea cups for a Queen’s Jubilee online challenge
  • A mini quilt based on a floor tile, also made for an online challenge
  • A top for me (to go with a skirt made three years ago)
  • 18 reusable Christmas drawstring bags for a charity Christmas Fayre
  • 18 tree decorations, also for the charity Christmas Fayre
  • A last-minute Christmas drawstring bag for a gift to my neighbours

In non-sewing ways, 2022 has seen a gradual return of pre-COVID normality. When I went to Festival of Quilts, there were still the wide aisles and extra space from 2021, but I also noticed the return of visitors from abroad. Another welcome return has been resumption of in-person meetings for Leeds Quilt Group and the chance to see familiar faces and meet new ones.

Here’s to 2023 and I hope it will be filled with more quilts, more odd items for challenges, more charity items and perhaps a few garments for me.

(A WordPress version of this post is available here as it may be more mobile-friendly for viewing and commenting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.