Monday 18 November 2019

Autumn themed mug rugs

With winter approaching, there’s just time to show you a mug rug and couple of coasters I made for an autumn swap.


I used Paula Doyle’s mini mosaic technique which I learnt at a Festival of Quilts workshop back in 2016. The mosaic pieces start off at 1” square and are fused onto an interfacing backing. Once the seams have been stitched, they finish at half an inch square.


For the mug rug, I just used a narrow binding, but for the coasters I added a border before binding.
 

The quilting on the mug rug was stitch in the ditch around each leaf shape and I did the same on the coasters but added an echo line of quilting around the outside of the leaf.
 

The swap was supposed to be for a single item, but I received two sets of mats!

 (All of which are far too pretty to use.)

(For 2019, I am trialling a version of this website on WordPress to see if it is more mobile-friendly  for commenting and posting. The WordPress version of this post is available here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.