Wednesday 17 July 2019

Finish-a-long 2019 - the list for Q3



I only had a 50% success rate with my list for for Q2, so there are some familar looking projects on the list for Q3:
 
1. BOM quilt
No progress at all during Q1 and now Q2 on this quilt, so it reappears for Q3. My target for this year remains the same - to have it as a completed quilt and donated to Project Linus.

2. Upcycled bag
This pure wool jacket from the charity shop remains deconstructed waiting for me to make it to make into a Carter bag.


3. Shaker box
I've still no idea as to what I would like to put on it, but I'm still thinking it will probably be something EPP.  Perhaps Q3 will be when the ideal pattern for it appears.
4. Style Arc skirt
This is a very quick pattern to make  - it takes nearly as long to clear enough space to cut out the very large single pattern piece than it does to sew. After making a successful wearable toile, I hope to make many more, the first of which will be in this cream and black geometric print.
5. Liberty pinwheel quilt
I made this quilt top several years ago with a view to turning it into a picnic blanket, but something more suitable came along. I'd quite like to get this finished as a quilt now, maybe using it to practice FMQ as it has large "empty" areas.

6. Summer tops
These two tops have been hanging on the back of a door since last summer waiting for me to get out the coverstitch machine and finish the hems. Perhaps I'll get them finished in time for the rest of this summer.

That's three old projects and three new projects for Q3 - I wonder which ones will reappear in Q4 :-)

Linking up with 2019 Q3 Finish-A-Long


(For 2019, I am trialling a version of this website on WordPress to see if it is more mobile-friendly  for commenting and posting. The WordPress version of this post is available here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.