Wednesday 22 May 2019

Finish-a-long 2019 – Q2, finish 1

My first finish for this round of the Finish a-long is a quilt for Siblings Together. This appeared in my Q1 list as a quilt top but was upgraded to a complete quilt for Q2.

 

I finished hand stitching the binding at Leeds MQG meeting on Saturday and handed over the quilt. This meant that my usual washing line photo is with the unfinished binding.


I included sections of the pink in the binding, but didn’t bother with working out where they would land. I was lucky and there was only one piece that needed restitching so it didn’t run round a corner.


The quilting is all straight line quilting using a walking foot. The stitching on the white sections was using a pale grey Aurifil 40wt and the teal and pink areas were quilted using Aurifil 50wt as the colours were a better match from my stash of threads.


(I thought you might also like to see what happens when you're in the middle of quilting and leave a neatly folded quilt on the table and the visiting cat decides to call in.)

 

(For 2019, I am trialling a version of this website on WordPress to see if it is more mobile-friendly for commenting and posting. The WordPress version of this post is available here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.