Friday 11 January 2019

New Year, New Site


I’ve been blogging here on Blogspot for nearly six years and I wonder if it is time for a change.

In the early years of the blog it was easy for me to write blog posts on my iPad, but the Blogger app has disappeared from the Apple store and I have struggled to find an alternative app. This has been part of the reason for the frequency of posting becoming monthly updates (and partly because some months there has not been a lot of sewing going on). I have also noticed that it has become more difficult to comment on Blogspot blogs when reading them on a tablet or phone which might account in part for the decline in comments on posts see by me and other bloggers.

I have decided to give WordPress a go and see if that is more mobile friendly. All the content from this site has been imported into WordPress, though I still need to check existing links, find a selection of follow widgets, and I might need to change the layout a bit. I’ve tried to make the two sites look as similar as possible, but my first impressions of the free version of WordPress is that it is not as customisable as Blogspot so I don't think I will be able to make them exactly the same. I am also not sure how annoying the ads will be on the WordPress site, so I will be interested to see what you think.



For the time being I will continue to put the same posts on both sites and will see how it goes it terms of ease of posting and ease of commenting. If you want to take a look at the WordPress version and see how it compares to this, you can find me at sewlittlesay.wordpress.com. Please do take a look at both sites and let me know which works best for you, especially if you now use a tablet or phone for reading blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.