Monday 29 December 2014

Late arrival

These little baby boots were made at the beginning of the month, but I was unable to share them on here as they went AWOL with the Royal Mail and took three weeks to make their way along the M62 and arrive at their destination. Just when I thought I would have to make another set, I got the news that they had turned up.


The pattern is a simplified version of the free Shwin&Shwin pattern (I omitted the accent pieces and the interfacing) and I hand stitched the sole lining so that there were no raw edges inside.


The outer fabrics are Kokka heavy cottons and I used fleece for a cosy lining. The soles are made from some slipper gripper, chosen more for its cuteness than its non-slip properties given the age of the recipient.


This was a quick and fairly simple project; cutting out all the different pieces was probably the longest part, other than waiting for them to arrive.

2 comments:

  1. I love the slippers - I'm off to check out the pattern!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable. Glad they turned up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.