The past few weeks have been quiet sewing-wise partly due to an injured shoulder/arm that made it painful for me to do most things, but I’m happy to report that I seem to be on the mend and was able to do a bit of sewing at the weekend.
I needed to make an iPad case for a friend’s birthday and as he is big rugby fan I decided to make it from one of his son’s outgrown rugby shirts. The jersey fabric was stretched from being worn and so it was a bit tricky to get the stripes straight, but I got there in the end. I was pleased to find customised ribbon on the inside of the collar which I was able to unpick and add to the tab holder. The club’s crest was in the wrong position for me to use it in situ, so I used it to add an extra pocket on the back of the cover. Unfortunately, I forgot to take any photos before I wrapped the present and had to grab a couple of grainy ones with my phone.
If you're tempted to try a bit of upcycling, my instructions for making this case are available here.