Friday 30 September 2022

My first Burda pattern (I think)

I’ll start this by saying that the pattern was a lot easier to sew than to photograph and apologise for the photos - gathers and a cowl neck are difficult to show.

I’ve not sewn a Burda pattern before and I knew that the newer patterns now included seam allowances, but I wasn’t expecting to find the pattern layout diagrams on the tissue paper rather than on the instruction sheet.

Once cut out, the pattern went together fairly easily and quickly, though I might try a different way of finishing the back neck edge if I make this again. I may have stretched the binding while sewing but it seems bulky and doesn’t want to lay flat.


I like the ruching at the sides, but again if I were to make another, I would try a stretchier elastic or different way of gathering as the ruching is not as tight as I would like.


Although not perfect, this top is wearable and will be useful to go with plain trousers or skirts or with the matching skirt I made three years ago!


 

(A WordPress version of this post is available here as it may be more mobile-friendly for viewing and commenting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.