Monday 30 December 2019

Finish-a-long 2019 – Q4, finish 2

This is my final finish from my FAL Q4 list and has only taken me a year and two days to finish!
I've had this quilt top on my list since Q1 and finally it is a completed quilt.
 

The blocks were from a block of the month club and I think they were designed more to learn new techniques than to be used together for a quilt. I framed each block in dark grey and added sashing to make a decent sized quilt. Quilting was simple straight lines in the sashing and either echo or stitch in the ditch for each block as most appropriate.
 

The backing is fleece (which meant the quilting could be light) and the binding is the same dark grey as the block frames.
 

Hopefully Project Linus can now find a suitable home for this quilt.


(For 2019, I am trialling a version of this website on WordPress to see if it is more mobile-friendly  for commenting and posting. The WordPress version of this post is available here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.