Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Year Resolutions

I'm not a great one for New Year resolutions, but I've seen quite a few posts about stash busting and fabric fasts for 2014. I am in danger of turning into a fabric collector and so something needs to be done about my stash. Whilst exceptions are allowed and the fabric fast is only for an initial six months, I really don't think I could manage that as there are too many temptations in the form of sales and an Abakhan shop only five minutes from my work.

I've decided to attempt a lite version of a fabric fast and see how I go. Mine will only run until Easter and because I love to find a bargain, my exceptions are:
* I can buy Liberty lawn from the Lancaster factory shop.
* I can buy from the Abakhan sale.
* I can buy plain/textured solids to go with stash fabric.
* I can buy fabrics for quilt backings.
* I can buy sale fabrics if they have been reduced and then further reduced.

I've also promised to make a quilt for my husband and my final exception is I can buy fabric for this once we've decided on a pattern.

Well, now this is written for all to see, let's see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.