After last month’s stash busting which saw 10 m of fabrics leave in the form of incubator covers, this month’s fabric clearance was on a much smaller scale and was more about scrap busting.
This was a quick and easy project for a collapsible thread catcher using some Liberty scraps that I had stitched together a few months ago and was wondering what to do with them. I used the tutorial from Fabric Therapy but adapted the sizes to fit my piece of scrap fabric. As the only Pringle tube in the house was still full of Pringles, I cut rings from a 2 L plastic bottle, shortened them by about an inch and taped two together to create the inner frame.
More stash busting is planned, this time for some pieced hexagons. Barbara Brackman has been running the Morris Hexathon for a few months so I’ve got a bit of catching up to do. I’ll be using EPP for these hexagons and with 4" sides they will make a change from my usual tiny hexies.
I started pulling fabrics from stash but the neighbour's cat had other ideas as to what these could be used for.
|(This is not the usual cat who helps me with my sewing – this is his little mate who is learning bad habits!)|
I might need a few extra FQs for fussy cutting, but I have a trip to Festival of Quilts next month so I am sure I will be able to find some there.