I have finally finished my first foundation paper piecing project - it has only taken me 51 weeks! I started this during a class at Fat Quarterly Retreat last year and was determined to get it finished before this year’s retreat. I thought I had made quite good progress in the class by managing to get the central section completed, but then it was pointed out that there were three pieces that needed unpicking.
It was packed away in disgust and didn’t see light of day until April’s Leeds Modern Quilt Guild meeting when I restitched the incorrect pieces and managed to complete the lower section. The final section was completed at Liverpool Sewing Club this week.
I’m not sure that foundation paper piecing is for me, though perhaps this was rather a complicated pattern for a first attempt. I’m glad to have finished it and maybe I’ll try a simpler pattern before making a final judgement on foundation paper piecing.