Monday 18 November 2013

Quilt Finish



I finished my quilt a few weeks ago but had to wait a while for the weather to be good enough to get it washed and line-dried. There was a certain element of trepidation as I put it in the washing machine –would the cream backing come out pale pink – but a couple of colour catchers did their job and the red did not run.  I was hoping for some bright winter sunshine for the photographs, but “not raining” was as good as it got.


The backing is a Robert Kaufman fabric with woven pattern of circles that I got in the sale at Quiltessential and is pieced with the cream designs from the two French General layer cakes.  The binding is charcoal Color Weave that I picked up in the buy-by-weight section at Abakhans. All piecing and quilting was done with Aurifil 50 wt.



Despite spending several hours working on a layout so that the same or similar prints were not together, whilst snuggled under the quilt I spotted I had not been successful. I think I should just enjoy the quilt and not look too closely again.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is one gorgeous quilt, I love the quilting on it. Youve done a great job, you should be very proud. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.