Wednesday 3 April 2013

Easter sewing (part 1) - apples and sprouts!


During the Easter holiday I was able to catch up on a couple of sewing projects. The main project was finishing off pattern testing a carpet bag (more about that to come in another post), but a quick project I needed to do was to make a case for my iPad mini.


Last year I was lucky and won several FQs of fabric from the Fabric Yard and I thought it time to put the Kokka Green Apple to good use. I searched on the web for a free tutorial, but couldn’t find exactly what I wanted but found plenty of inspiration. So, with some Kona Sprout from Simply Solids for the lining, some fusible fleece from U-Handbag, a zip from my stash and a scrap of leather, I set about making my own pattern.


It was very much a process of trial and error involving some unpicking and some unfusing of the fusible fleece, but I’m pleased with the final result.  It has a little zipper pocket for headphones and there is enough room in the main pocket for a stylus pen and the iPad.  I didn’t take photos whilst making the case and so I can’t offer a full tutorial, but I could put together a basic set of instructions and a pattern if there is any interest. If you omit the zipper pocket, then this project would be very simple and suitable for beginners.


Do leave a comment if you would like me to create a set of instructions.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thats brilliant, I love the fabric. I dont own one of those ipad thingamybobs ( ;o( ) but Im sure the instructions could be adapted to fit something else. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have other things that would fit nicely into a pouch like that and would love to see instructions if you make some :-)

    Love yours, I am a big fan of green!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.